Thursday, July 27, 2006

Free Labor!

I'm working as an Intern right now. I won't say where (because I like to pretend I have readers that will expose the awful truth and all that good stuff) but I will tell you, it sucks. I've convinced myself that working for free really isn't that bad, but it is. It's not like I hate what I'm doing, I kind of enjoy it. Its valuable life experience blah blah blah, but not getting paid for hard work (read: looking like you're working hard to get hired) kinda sucks. I take the train in every morning, grab a cup of coffee at the office, check my email, read the news, and all that other stuff that real employees do. Still, there is this incredible feeling of resentment at not getting paid. Payday comes around, everyone gets paid, which might as well be a synonym for drunk. What do I get? Well I usually get drunk too, but thats a different story all together. I'm not sure where I was going with this? How did I even get here. I was writing about something, mentioned the word drunk, and now I'm lost. Oh well. One hour left till I go home and get drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home